Olson Oil had its beginnings on May 1st, 1954 when Store #1 was opened by Dale Olson and his brother, LaVaine. The store was located at 4610 W 12th St in Sioux Falls, SD. At that time, it was a gas station that sold gasoline and oil. Some other sideline sales were cigarettes, candy, pop, beer, bread and ice cream. LaVaine passed away in 1962. Stores were converted to full convenience stores starting in 1974 with the original location. Dale’s son Todd joined the company in 1984 and is now the company President. The company has grown to 19 stores with more on the way. Olson Oil’s achievements are due, in large measure, to the hard work and dedication of its employees.